Become a driving instructor
Why become a driving instructor?
Become a driving instructor with Inner City Driver Training (ICDT) and earn up to £25,000/£30,000 per annum after meeting all business and car expenses.
So if you are looking for a rewarding, well paid part-time or full-time job in your area, this could be the ideal career for you. While pay is very important, the biggest reward comes from knowing that what you are doing is more than just a job – you are doing something that helps enrich people’s lives and adds to their safety and security. The smile from a learner who has just passed their test provides the ultimate in job satisfaction.
For a rewarding and worthwhile career that allows you to pass on essential life skills to others and meet people from all walks of life, why not train to be a driving instructor at ICDT?
- good people skills
- truly enjoy helping other people to achieve their learning goals and
- take pride in your driving
If this describes you please read on.
About the training
We offer a range of courses suited to every budget and lifestyle. Our training is designed to make sure you don’t just qualify, but you also become a first-class instructor from both a teaching and a business perspective.
Qualification needed to become a driving instructor:
ADI-DVSA To legally operate as a driving instructor in the UK you are required to pass the DVSA Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) qualifying examination which is split into three parts.
- Part 1 is a PC based multiple choice theory and hazard perception test similar to the current test for learner drivers but to a higher standard
- Part 2 is a driving test, again similar to the current test for learner drivers but to a higher standard
- Part 3 is a practical test of your ability to instruct, where the examiner plays the role of a learner driver
Once you have passed Part 2 and have completed 20 hours of your training for Part 3 you are allowed to work as a trainee driving instructor provided you are sponsored by a driving school that supports the Government’s Trainee Licence scheme, such as ICDT. This gives you up to 6 months real on-the-job training to help you pass Part 3 and start earning money earlier than might otherwise be possible. Please note that some driving schools such as the AA do not support this scheme and therefore cannot provide this option.
You’ll receive one-to-one in-car training, along with comprehensive online training and ongoing support from our in-house advisers. There is also the opportunity to earn while you learn with our trainee licence, so you don’t need to delay getting your new career in gear.
There are a number of benefits to undertaking driving instructor training with ICDT. As well as becoming your own boss and having a more active role in your community, you can enjoy working hours that suit you and plan lessons around your other commitments, such as spending time with your family. The average instructor takes six to nine months to complete training, but this will vary depending on your availability.
- the chance to make positive changes to your life
- becoming your own boss. As a ICDT instructor, you are self-employed – with no boss controlling your day
- working flexible hours that suit your lifestyle
- meeting new people every day
- being an active part of the community, and getting involved with schools or colleges by helping to improve road safety through teaching a ‘skill for life’
- earning around £600 a week – or possibly even more
- enjoying great job satisfaction
- becoming an expert. You can diversify into specialist areas, such as advanced driving, fleet training or driver re-education.
Option One – Full course
Purchase the complete package for a one-off payment of just £1500. Places are limited, though – secure your spot today to make sure you don’t miss out.
Option Two – Pay as you go
Option Two allows you to pay monthly for the course, from £199 per month. Contact us for more details.
Our support doesn’t end once you’re qualified. Our specialist team have more than 10 years’ experience in developing businesses, which we’ll use to help you promote yourself locally, and as part of our service we also provide franchisees with pre-paid customers.
On successful completion of your ADI course you will start work as ICDT Instructor. As part of the ICDT team you will benefit from:
- No introduction fees
- Our Recruitment Promise – we’ll guarantee you paid students
- A personalised car is an option
- Flexible holidays
- A Fair Franchise
- Investing in you to develop your business
If you would like a Free information pack on becoming a driving instructor with ICDT call our head office on free phone 0843 289 6045 or click on request a free information pack.